A 35-year-old man has been abducted by suspected kidnappers in Uso, Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State.
The gunmen also kidnapped a couple who were on transit through the community.
The couple was reportedly kidnapped on Tuesday evening while the 35-year-old man identified as Olatunbosun Johnson was abducted during the weekend.
According to sources, the couple was travelling along the busy Akure-Owo highway when the gunmen waylaid their vehicle while Olatunbosun who resides in Uso was kidnapped in a farm within the community.

One of the sources within the community said the couple was travelling with their three children when the kidnappers struck but left the children behind.
However, it was learnt that Johnson was abducted with one other person on Sunday while in search of sand to fill a building.
A family source said Johnson who went with four other persons was unlucky as he was abducted with the Hausa man who was hired for a menial job at the farm, but others were lucky to escape being kidnapped.

While disclosing that the incident was reported to the police, the source added that a team of Amotekun Corps, Police and the military combed the forest in the area without success.
Meanwhile, it was gathered that one Muhammed Aliu was arrested in the bush and handed over to the police who have been investigating the suspect.
He said “the Hausa man was released and the kidnappers demanded N5 million as ransom from the family but the kidnappers made a u-turn on Tuesday evening after the family said the N5m is ready, demanding for N10m ransom.

“We pleaded with them but they remained adamant, threatened to kill the young man if the family failed to produce the N10m ransom within 24 hours”
Confirming the development, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Mr. Tee Leo Ikoro, said men from the state police command had been combing the area to ensure the release of the victims.

Source link

Leave a Reply